W. Everett Lupton
Everett Lupton is a trial lawyer practicing in state and federal courts in both Virginia and North Carolina. He has tried more than a hundred jury trials to verdict, tried even more bench trials, and represented clients in many arbitrations and mediations. Mr. Lupton has represented injured persons for the predominant amount of his career in motor vehicle collisions, tractor trailer crashes, serious slip and fall injuries, mauling by animals, and other types of bodily injury claims. Furthermore, he has represented injured railroad workers in FELA (Federal Employee Liability Act) claims and cases, as well as representing injured maritime workers for Jones Act and Suits in Admiralty Act claims and cases. He has also defended clients in traffic charges in Eastern Virginia and Eastern North Carolina. Mr. Lupton has written multiple published articles on legal issues, been a speaker at multiple attorney CLE programs, served as an Adjunct Professor at Old Dominion University (2007-2013), and served as an Adjunct Assistant Professor at Tidewater Community College (2001-2007). He is a native of Tidewater, Virginia. When he is not practicing law, Mr. Lupton enjoys time with his wife and two daughters, outdoor activities, and working on his family’s farm in southern Virginia Beach.
- Juris Doctor - University of Richmond
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Old Dominion University
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS:
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- America’s Top 100 Attorneys – Lifetime Achievement Rating
- Martindale-Hubble Distinguished Attorney Rating
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Norfolk-Portsmouth Bar Association
- Virginia Beach Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (VTLA) www.vtla.com
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ) www.ncaj.com
ACTIVE BAR ADMISSIONS:
- Virginia State Bar
- North Carolina State Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Supreme Court of the United States
“Attorney Everett Lupton went above and beyond all of my expectations. He was kind, courteous, and did an excellent job of keeping me updated on all aspects of my case.
He put my needs ahead of his own in regard to my settlement outcome.
My case was complicated and took up a great deal of his time but he never seemed to get frustrated and he stayed the course with the end results of my case being more than I could have hoped for. I highly recommend Mr. Lupton for his expertise, his outstanding character, his selflessness, and his attention to detail."